Having won 28 championships, the New York Yankees excel in most aspects within Major League Baseball. One area where they have been slow to compete has been offering vegetarian friendly choices at the ballpark.
But that's about to change.
Starting this weekend you can now get Babycakes frozen cookie and brownie cream sandwiches. These treats are made with products that are all-natural, organic and delicious alternatives free from the common allergens: wheat, gluten, dairy, casein and eggs.
Although the Yankees have not cracked PETA's top ten listed below, this is a small step in the right direction by offering dairy and meat-free dietary choices for baseball fans in New York.
PETA's Top 10 Veg-Fiendly Ballparks 2011
1. San Francisco Giants, AT&T Park
2. Philadelphia Phillies, Citizens Bank Park
3. Detroit Tigers, Comerica Park
4. Atlanta Braves, Turner Field
5. Colorado Rockies, Coors Field
6. Oakland Athletics, Oakland Alameda County Coliseum
7. San Diego Padres, PETCO Park
8. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Angel Stadium
9. Houston Astros, Minute Maid Park
10. Milwaukee Brewers, Miller Park