Festive Kale and Beans Salad
Makes 4 servings
This salad is a delightful mix of crunch, sour, and refreshing and looks very festive. If you would like to use dried beans, cook about 3/4 cup dried beans to use in this recipe.
- 1 can white or speckled beans of your choice (cannellini, navy or borlotti beans all work in this recipe)
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard (brown mustard would work as well)
- 2 scallions, finely chopped (about 2 Tbsps)
- 1 large red bell pepper, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups lacinato (dinosaur) kale, shredded into thin strips
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Drain beans and place in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine extra virgin olive oil with apple cider vinegar and mustard. Pour dressing over beans. Add scallions, pepper, kale and parsley. Stir well to combine, ensuring all kale leaves are coasted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. This salad can be made up to one day ahead of serving.
Valerie from City|Life|Eats writes about all the things she loves on her blog, including delicious eats, yoga, farmer's markets, eco-fashion and mindful living. You can connect with Valerie on Twitter or Facebook.
Photo credit: Valerie