April is Soy Foods Month!
Get to know Mori-Nu Silken Tofu – available in the refrigerated tofu section or on the shelf in the Asian dry goods aisle.
Mori-Nu Silken Tofu has a 12-month shelf life from date of production thanks to Tetra Pak’s ® modern packaging system that extends the shelf life WITHOUT preservatives and protects the product from the effects of light, air and harmful bacteria.
Mori-Nu Silken Tofu is gluten-free, low in fat and carbohydrates and proudly made with non-GMO U.S. grown soybeans.
Tofu is a primary source of protein for over one billion people every day. Tofu is the perfect healthy substitute for meat, eggs, and dairy because its free of saturated fat and cholesterol.
Mori-Nu Silken Soft Tofu- ideal for dips, sauces and smoothies
Mori-Nu Silken Firm Tofu – ideal for entrees & desserts
Mori-Nu Silken Extra Firm Tofu – ideal for grilling, stir-frying & sautéing
Mori-Nu Silken Lite Firm Tofu- 1 gram of fat and 30 calories per serving. For entrees & desserts
Mori-Nu Silken Organic Tofu- USDA certified organic. For entrees & desserts.
Mori-Nu Nigari Tofu – authentic Japanese flavor, ideal for traditional East Asian dishes
Use pureed Mori-Nu Firm Tofu to replace:
- Eggs in cookie dough
- Yogurt in fruit shakes
- Milk when making pudding
- Cream in pureed soups
- Stock in gravy
- Cream in sauces
- Oil or sour cream in salad dressings
- Egg yolks in soufflés
- Mayonnaise or sour cream in dips and spreads
- Milk in mashed potatoes
- 1 package Morinaga Silken Tofu - Soft or Lite Firm
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or sour cream
- *VEGAN: 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise (Vegenaise, Nayonaise)
- 2 Tbsp. powdered vegetable broth or powdered onion broth
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 2-3 medium green onions, chopped
- 1/2 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper to taste