Have you ever wanted to travel the world simply to explore the different food options of other cultures? Most of us would love that opportunity but we aren’t able to come up with the time or money to do so. Plus, traveling as a vegan or vegetarian can be daunting at times because we sometimes don’t know where we will find an enjoyable meal that matches our meat and/or dairy-free lifestyle.
However, the traveling is done for us in World Food Café, a new photo-filled book by Chris and Carolyn Caldicott, a married couple who owned and ran the vegetarian World Food Café in London. After twenty years of squeezing trips into their busy schedules, they finally decided to take a sabbatical so that they could enjoy the vegetarian journey of their lifetime. During their journey, they took photographs and collected recipes to share with the rest of the world in their book, World Food Café.
In World Food Café: Quick And Easy Recipes From A Vegetarian Journey, readers can enjoy more than 100 quick and easy vegetarian recipes from all over the world! Vegans, vegetarians, travelers, or those interested in eating healthy will all love this book. Several recipes include:
- Syrian Jeweled Aubergine and Chickpeas in Garlicky Yoghurt Sauce found in restaurants across Damascus and beyond
- Sweet Mung Bean Che and star anise spiced Pho Noodle Soup from Vietnam
- Iced Rooibus Tea Sundowners and Spiced Veldt Bread from Namibia, both reminiscent of the country’s Colonial German settlers
- Caramelized Rum and Coconut Pina Asadas from Cuba will go down with island nation’s most popular drink, the Classic Mojito
- Crispy Rice Cakes from Laos which pack a surprising punch of delicious South Asian flavors
All recipes in this exciting book are vegetarian and many of the recipes can easily be made vegan. Plus, recipes are easy to make, healthy, and use very little ingredients! Readers will also enjoy the beautifully colored photographs which don’t stop at food—readers will feel as if they are viewing a photo album from a trip across the world.
Purchase your copy of World Food Café and be prepared for a wonderful journey around the world.
Photo credit: World Food Cafe