- Large Hard Bread Rolls 6 each
- Butter or Margarine 1 stick
- Basil (dried) ½ tablespoon
- Olive Oil 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar ½ tablespoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Oregano (dried) 1 teaspoon
- Mozzarella or cheddar cheese (shredded) ½ cup
- Parmesan 3 tablespoons
- Black Olives (sliced) 1 can
- Artichoke Hearts (sliced) 1 can
- Tomatoes (diced) 1 each
- Onions (diced) 1 each
- Garlic (minced) 1 clove
- Cut hole out of the middle of the rolls and scoop out the bread. Save the "top" of the hole.
- Melt butter and add dry basil. This is your basil butter.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Brush inside of the rolls with the basil butter.
- Fill rolls with the mixture.
- Wrap rolls individually with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
VEGANIZE IT: Use vegan butter. Replace cheese with a vegan cheese, such as Daiya. Leave out the Parmesan.
Photo credit: TDIV