This quick and easy adaptation of a staple breakfast food is great for those who are looking for something other than a sweet start to their day. It also gives you another great reason to have waffles for dinner!
- Start with some regular vegan waffle batter.
- Stir in:
- 2 T Sun-Dried Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2-3 t Dried Basil
- 2-3 t Dried Oregano
- 1/2 t Garlic Powder
- Fill your preheated waffle-maker* half way, add a slice of your favorite vegan cheese, and cover it with more batter. (*Don't forget to use some nonstick cooking spray on your waffle-maker as needed.)
- Cook until golden.
- Top with Earth Balance, or a little olive oil, and serve.
Looking for something a little more healthy? Try starting with:
Whole Wheat Waffle Batter
- 1 Scant C Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 C Non-Dairy milk
- 1 T Oil
- 2 t Baking Powder
- 1 t Sugar
- 1 t Salt