Holiday Potluck Dish: Kale, Couscous, and Chickpea Salad
This holiday dish is easy to make and is delicious! Plus, it looks pretty for a special occasion. It's great warm or cold, so you don't have to worry about it sitting out and having to heat it back up before everyone eats.
For some nice holiday color, add one diced red bell pepper too.
2/3 cup of cooked couscous
One green pepper, diced
Kale (as much or as little as you like)
1-2 cans of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup Extra-Virgin olive oil
Sea Salt, to taste
1. Cook couscous on stovetop or in microwave until done (I made 2/3 cup of couscous with ½ cup of water)
2. Heat 1 tbsp. of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil in large skillet. Cook kale until it turns bright green
3. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, kale, chickpeas, and green pepper
4. Whisk together the dressing ingredients, adjusting the salt to your preferences
5. Pour dressing over salad and stir well!
Photo credit: Alexandra