This is a house favorite. It is a simple recipe with ingredients that are easy to keep on hand.
- 1 package firm silken tofu (12 oz)
- 3/4 cup frozen spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tsp onion powder or a handful of chopped scallions
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 can enchilada sauce (10 oz)
- 5 whole wheat tortillas (8")
- Black olives
- Vegan sour cream
- Salsa or additional enchilada sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until just mixed.
- Warm up the tortillas by placing them in the microwave for a few seconds. Using a spoon spread a thin layer of the enchilada sauce onto one side of the tortilla and fill with 1/5 of the tofu mixture. Roll up the tortilla and place onto a well oiled baking pan (I recommend a silicone baking mat or parchment paper; these tend to stick to the pan). Repeat until you fill the remaining tortillas.
- Spread the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas, and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Top with optional ingredients and serve. Adapted from this recipe.
Photo credit: Stephanie