I am so excited to tell you about JEM Specialty Nut Butters; a company with values I appreciate and whose products I adore!
As per their website:
We are Jem Raw Chocolates: independent artisans producing healthy chocolates. Our chocolates are made with simple, pure ingredients. We blend superior raw, organic ingredients and never contain gluten, dairy, soy or processed sugar. Our chocolates are all handcrafted in small batches in Bend, Oregon.
JEM easily won my approval because:
• They stone grind their own nut butters at a low temperature, and use only the finest quality raw, ingredients. I have never been so impressed reading a products ingredient list.
• JEM swaps the bad for the good and does not sweeten their butters with refined white sugar; instead, they use coconut palm sugar. Instead of using dairy, JEM uses coconut as a substitute.
• Sprouted almonds are used—by sprouting the nuts, they retain their full nutritional value, and are easier to digest.
• Raw cacao is a main ingredient in the chocolate hazelnut spread—in its pure, raw form, cacao boasts the highest antioxidant content of any food…in the entire world.
• JEM sources local nuts and berries from organic farms in their home state of Oregon.
Types of specialty nut butters/spreads
Coconut Cardamom Almond Butter- Oh my goodness! JEM has hit the nail on the head with this flavor combination. No other spread/butter/condiment stacks up to the tastiness of this. Not only is this purely decadent alone, I would even use it as a salad dressing base, a sauce to toss with rice noodles or as a topping for ice cream and other desserts.
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread- Say goodbye to chocolate syrup, and toss out the chocolate chips. This chocolate hazelnut spread will replace all processed chocolate products. This spread has the whole package—nutrient dense AND downright delicious!
Cinnamon Red Maca Almond Butter- The warmest hint of cinnamon makes this spread so comforting. I used it as a dip for apples or spread it on sprouted toast topped with rolled oats and sliced bananas. Note: Maca root is used in alternative medicine as a treatment for a number of health ailments.
Maqui Camu Super Berry Butter- This berry butter is so sweet and delicious. I’ve since used this butter as a replacement for raw blue agave in most of my recipes.
The Bottom Line
JEM specialty nut butters and spreads are so delicious, unique and healthy. Once you try a JEM product, it will forever hold a special place in your kitchen. Purchase yours today.
Author's Note: I would like to thank one of my favorite bloggers, Food Babe, for introducing me to the delicious world of JEM specialty nut butters/spreads. Dedicated to providing consumers with the truth about what is lurking in your food, Food Babe investigates claims and encourages companies to reveal their ingredients in order to educate and protect the consumer. Food Babe also provides in-depth information on clean, healthy eating and all things organic.
Photo credit: JEM Disclaimer: JEM provided sample products for review