|Need something to do this summer, well take a hike!|
11 Cruelty Free Summer Activities
I compiled a list of things I am planning on doing over the summer that fit the category of being cruelty free, and generally eco-friendly!
1. Take a hike- Become familiar with your local state park and enjoy the perks of being out in nature.
2. Go Camping- A wonderful way to de-stress and become in tune with your mind and body.
3. Visit a farm sanctuary- Frolic with the animals and appreciate the simple things in life.
4. Support your local farmers at the market- Where you can eat delicious food in the process!
5. Take a vegan cooking class- Learn new techniques and recipes in the kitchen and meet new people who share the same ideals!
6. Kayak- There is something so serene about floating in the middle of a lake on a bright, sunny day. Very therapeutic.
7. Volunteer, volunteer, volunteer! Enjoy helping others in their time of need.
8. Take a short road trip to a place you haven’t been- Even if it is to the next town over!
9. Enjoy a summer concert- Lay on the grass, stargazing, while listening to good music!
10. Participate in runs/walks that are dedicated to raising awareness for different charities and programs- Exercising while supporting great causes can be a wonderful mood enhancer!!
11. Host a vegan BBQ- Planning and hosting a vegan BBQ can be a great way to showcase your culinary expertise and to introduce unfamiliar foods to your omnivore friends! More likely than not, they will enjoy every bite!
Hopefully these suggestions will get your creative wheels turning so you can come up with even more cruelty- free activities to participate in this summer!! Did I miss any activities that you think should have made the list?? Feel free to share your ideas on the TDIV Facebook page.
Photo credit: TDIV