Traditionally, winter is the time of year when folks find it hardest to get out and exercise. In the hopes of keeping folks motivated, readers from RunHundred.com were polled regarding their favorite, current workout songs. The resulting top 10 list has a little of what you'd expect—and a little you might not. Flo Rida, who's no stranger to this list, shows up in two recent tracks. Enrique Iglesias continues his transition from balladeer to club rocker. And Kelly Clarkson, after faltering with the first single off her new album, bounced back ferociously with the second.
As for surprises, they're mostly entries from folks relatively new on the dance scene. Highlights include songs from Tim Berg (who remixed his own track under his Avicii moniker), Skrillex (whose collaboration with Kaskade is the first dubstep track ever the make the Top 10), and Wolfgang Gartner (who's made the chart with a little help from the Black Eyed Peas' Will.I.Am).
Here's the full list:
- Tim Berg - Seek Bromance (Avicii Vocal Edit) - 127 BPM
- Katy Perry - The One That Got Away - 135 BPM
- Alexandra Stan - Mr. Saxobeat (Maan Studio Remix) - 126 BPM
- Flo Rida - Good Feeling - 129 BPM
- Wolfgang Gartner & Will.I.Am - Forever - 128 BPM
- Hot Chelle Rae - Tonight Tonight (Goldstein Remix) - 118 BPM
- Taio Cruz & Flo Rida - Hangover - 129 BPM
- Enrique Iglesias, Pitbull & The WAV.s - I Like How It Feels - 129 BPM
- Kaskade & Skrillex - Lick It - 128 BPM
- Kelly Clarkson - What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger) - 117 BPM
To find more workout songs--and hear next month's contenders--folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era--to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.
Posted by Chris Lawhorn from RunHundred.com.
Photo credit: Adam Kurzok