Whether you are new to veganism or a seasoned veteran, this list of ten veg-related websites will surely offer you valuable information.
- PETA- An already very well known organization, PETA offers a plethora of knowledge. Topics include the latest news stories regarding unethical treatment of animals, shopping links for cruelty-free companies, vegan recipes, vegan living, and information on how to take action against animal cruelty.
- PCRM- A group of physicians led by Dr. Neal Barnard, have formed an organization which performs ethical research and promotes preventative medicine.
- Veg Source- "Your source for all things vegetarian." Here you can find information on health, food, celebrities, even homeschooling! They also have an online store featuring books and dvd's veg-related.
- Vegweb.com- If you are looking for recipes, coupons, or have general questions in relation to vegan food, head on over to vegweb.com.
- Happy Cow- If you haven't heard of Happy Cow, where have you been? This site is the "go to" guide for veg friendly restaurants all over the world. Oh yeah, there's an app for that!
- Vegetarian Times- Not only a website, but a glossy magazine available to be delivered right to your door. Vegheads everywhere love Vegetarian Times. If you are looking for a new recipe, this is where you want to look first.
- Humane Spot- This site provides FREE and useful information about vegetarians and vegans. What a great way to help others that are interested in mindful eating, but know very little about it.
- Vega- I LOVE THIS STUFF! Started by Triathlete Bredan Brazier, Vega offers sports performance products that are vegan and gluten-free. The best part is how amazing everything tastes! Their website offers recipes, products for sale, guidance, and a community forum and blog for others to participate it. If you are athletic, get onto Vega's site now!
- Vegan Health- Got Questions? Vegan Health's website is more than likely to have the answer. Head on over for nutrition tips and facts.
- VRG- The Vegetarian Resource Group provides tons and tons of nutritional information on their website. Their ingredient page is fantastic, providing a list of vegan and vegetarian ingredients in addition to non-veg ingredients. This way you know what that 12 syllable ingredient on the back of that package you are holding onto really is!
Do you have a "go to" vegan website? Let us know on Facebook.
Photo credit: stugstug