Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup turbinado sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips/chunks (make sure they're vegan!)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy/almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp dark molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, combine the vegetable oil, milk, vanilla, and molasses.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix well with a wooden spoon or your hands to get the mixture well incorporated.
- Roll dough into compact balls, place on a parchment paper-lined pan, and squish them down to form saucers.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe yields about 16 cookies.
** If you want to try using vegan butter instead to improve the stability of these cookies, just substitute the amount indicated for oil, and cream the room-temperature "butter" in the bowl of an electric mixer with the sugar. Then mix in the rest of the wet ingredients, followed by the dry.
Editor's Note: These are the best vegan cookies I've ever made! Super easy and no funky ingredients. -Daelyn
Reposted with permission from Erica at Sweet Tooth.
Photo credit: Daelyn