Spicy Peanut Crusted Tofu Steaks
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 package firm tofu, cut into 8 slices
- 2 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp unsweetened coconut
- Drizzle of lime juice
- Crushed peanuts (optional)
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a pan set to medium, heat vegetable oil and sesame oil. Add tofu and cook on each side until brown.
- Transfer tofu steaks to a greased baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mix peanut butter, 1/2 of the green onion slices, chili sauce, and soy sauce.
- Spread the mixture on the tofu. Sprinkle the tops with coconut.
- Broil for 3 to 4 minutes until coconut is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with crushed peanuts and remaining green onion. Drizzle tops with lime juice.
Disclosure: Special thanks to the National Peanut Board for providing the peanut product for this recipe.
Photo credit: Daelyn