There is nothing like receiving a hand written letter from a friend, a loved one, or a stranger for that matter. When you receive something written by hand, you know that person took the time to sit down and do something just for you. You can sense their presence through their writing.
I was really missing the days when writing and connecting with people was more personal. Everything is email and social networks these days, and I feel like you don’t really get to know other people as well as you really could.
So here’s the scoop: I made a way for vegans and aspiring vegans to connect. Remember those things called Pen Pals? Well let’s get back into that, but with a twist… how about Vegan Pen Pals?! So for any of your vegans/vegetarians or aspiring vegans/vegetarians… this is for you!
How it works:
• You fill out the form. Be as detailed as possible.
• I find you a Pen Pal. (Matched based on the info you have provided.)
• I will email both of you letting you know a little about the other. Then I will assign one of you to write the other first. You will then have 30 days to write in between letters. I will remind you by email when that day gets close.
• You send your letters to me, then I send the letters to them. (For the sake of each others’ privacy. If you want to eventually exchange addresses, that is great too.)
• You provide an extra stamp or stamped envelope for me to use to send your letter to your pen pal. I realize this can be difficult if you live outside of the U.S. so just do the best you can.
• Please be nice and tasteful.
• Please let me know if you have any issues with your Pen Pal and I can get you a new one.
• HAVE FUN!
To get started, fill out Vegan Machine’s Vegan Pen Pal Project form! If you have trouble filling out the form, please visit www.veganmachine.com/p/events.html
Post by Kaycee Bassett of Vegan Machine. Follow Kaycee on Twitter and Facebook.
Photo credit: Kaycee Bassett