- 1 cup uncooked lentils
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked oats
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Flour for coating (optional)
- Bring uncooked lentils and uncooked rice to boil in 4 cups of water.
- After it reaches a boil, simmer for 45 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Mix in carrot, onion, uncooked oats, salt, and garlic powder.
- Form into patties and pat each side with flour.
- Cook in small amount of oil on stove top — about 5 minutes per side.
Note: This is the best burger I have ever had! Make extras and freeze.
Photo credit: Daelyn