* 1C Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
* 1Tsp Baking Powder
* 1/2Tsp Baking Soda
* 1/2 Tsp Salt
* 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
* 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
* 2Tbsp Vegan Butter (or Butter)
* 1C Raw Sugar
* 1Tsp Molasses
* 1 Banana, mashed
* 1Tbs Ground Flaxseeds
* 3Tbs Warm Water
* 1Tsp Vanilla
* 2C Oats
* 1C Vegan Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat Oven to 350.
2. Mix warm water and flaxseeds in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, oats, cinnamon and cayenne in a medium bowl.
4. In a stand mixer (or by hand) cream together butter, sugar and molasses.
5. Add vanilla, mashed banana and flaxseed mixture and beat until combined
6. Gently add dry mixture and mix just until combined.
7. Stir in Chocolate Chips
8. Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 10 minutes
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 40 mins Yield: 18 cookies
Recipe and photo by Karla from K's Veggie Noms