There are many signs of veganism, some more obvious than others. Still, it's a condition that can be tricky to diagnose. Here's a handy guide that can help you determine just how veganized you really are:
How many of the following statements apply to you?
- You have a pet named Daiya.
- Your guiltiest pleasure involves brown rice syrup and arrowroot powder.
- Every new Got Milk? ad raises your blood pressure.
- You've considered buying stock in Earth Balance.
- Your kids think kale is a food group.
- The last time you went to McDonald's was because you had to pee.
- You know the difference between a batting cage and a battery cage.
- Your family's favorite condiment is Vegenaise.
- You're still talking about that vegan baker who won Cupcake Wars.
- Your bologna has a first name, it's Y-V-E-S.
- You worry that the faux-fur trim on your jacket doesn't look faux enough.
- You're anti-casein, pro-Gardein.
- Your copy of Veganomicon is splattered with tahini stains.
- Whenever someone says "You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs," you say "Wanna bet?"
- If you had a dollar for every time you've been asked the "protein question" you could retire.
Interpreting your results:
10 or more? Congratulations, you're officially vegan!
5–9? You're a borderline vegan; take all necessary precautions.
0–4? Sorry, you didn't make the cut; better luck next time!
Photo credit: TDIV