Calling all vegan and vegetarian men! (Or those just interested in the lifestyle.)
The first annual male-centric Vegans in Vegas conference is set for May 19-22, 2011 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event will feature presentations—all free!—from leading experts in the field of nutrition, animal welfare, health, and fitness.
The current speaker lineup includes:
- Nathan Runkle, Executive Director of Mercy for Animals (www.mercyforanimals.com)
- Jack Norris, R.D., President and Co-Founder of Vegan Outreach (www.veganoutreach.com)
- Dr. Richard Oppenlander, Author of "Comfortably Unaware: Global Depletion and Food Choice Responsibility” (www.comfortablyunaware.com)
- Joseph Connelly, Publisher of VegNews Magazine (www.vegnewsmagazine.com)
- Jim Morris, Former Mr. USA and Mr. American, Certified Personal Fitness Trainer (www.gymmorris.com)
- Dan Mims, Founder of The Ethical Man Vegan Apparel Shop (www.theethicalman.com)
- Donnie Smith, Advisor for the Food Empowerment Project (www.foodispower.org)
While the event is free, registration is required due to limited seating—and all in attendance must pledge to go veg during the event. Visit vegansinvegas.com for more information.
Plan on attending? Leave a comment below.
Photo credit: cc: flickr.com/photos/jsigharas