If you have ever felt the urge to toss on a slicker, jump into a cool looking boat and help protect marine wildlife from evil but unfortunately have been dissuaded by your lack of sea worthiness, here’s your chance.
The new Sea Shepherd Conservation mobile app allows fans to gain access to their “exciting, dangerous and important missions” without the need for a bucket or an industrial sized Dramamine.
The app provides insights into the 2010-11 Antarctic Whale Defense Campaign, Operation No Compromise (the campaign to be featured on the fourth season of Whale Wars), access to international breaking news from Captain Watson and his crew, as well as “unrestricted first-hand updates on the real environmental catastrophes that are putting our oceans in greater peril with each passing day.”
Here's a complete list of features:
- International breaking news from Sea Shepherd campaigns
- In-depth commentaries on conservation issues from Captain Paul Watson and others
- E-store offering the latest eco-friendly Sea Shepherd apparel, accessories, and gifts
- Calendar of Sea Shepherd events from around the world
- Access to Sea Shepherd social networks
- Ability to donate to help keep their vessels and projects active
- Photo gallery featuring vessels, crew, and high-seas action
- YouTube channel highlighting the latest Sea Shepherd footage shot around the world
So put away the galoshes and head on over to the iTunes app store to check out the new Sea Shepherd iPhone application. It's free and you won't have to worry about losing your lunch. That alone is priceless.
Photo credit:iTunes screen capture