Let's face it, one of the hardest issues that vegans face on a daily basis is getting something to eat when on the road for work or fun. Today 7-Eleven stores in eight New York City locations are looking to address this problem.
7-Eleven, the world’s largest retail chain, will offer vegan selections including pad thai noodles, vegetable lo-mein, Shanghai dumplings, artichoke spinach noodles, and Hunan dumplings.
Vegan option demands were being voiced not only by their customers, but also employees and franchisees. If these eight locations are successful, they will plan on rolling out their menu in other locations.
Below are six of the NYC locations:
- East 23rd Street and Park Ave. New York NY 10010
- Between E82 and E83 on 3rd Avenue New York NY 10028
- Between E84 and E85 on York Avenue New York NY 10028
- Between 8th and 9th Ave., on W42nd New York NY 10036
- Between W14 and W15 on Ave. of the Americas New York NY 10011-7302
- Between W92 and W93 on Amsterdam Avenue New York NY 10025-7426
I'll be eagerly watching to see if this venture is successful and hoping other food establishments roll out the same options.
See the full story in the NY Daily News.
Photo credit: cc:flickr.com/photos/retailmania