Super Easy Creamy Tofu Scramble with Kale and Pumpkin
- 1 block (12-16 ounces or about 400 g) firm or extra firm tofu, patted dry
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) coconut oil, preferably organic
- 1/4-1/2 cup (60-120 ml) vegetable broth or stock, as needed
- 5 leaves kale, midrib removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin, cut into 1″ (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups creamy salad dressing (I used Caesar from Clean Food)
- sprinkle of sesame seasoning (I used Eden Shake, or use gomashio)
Crumble the tofu into bite-sized pieces, or cut into small cubes. Heat the oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium-high heat and add the tofu. Brown on all sides until lightly golden.
Add the broth and kale and cook for another minute or two, until the kale begins to wilt a bit. Add the pumpkin and dressing and gently stir to coat everything. Lower heat to simmer, cover, and allow to heat through, stirring once or twice, about 10 minutes. Serve, garnished with sesame seasoning. Makes 4-6 servings. May be frozen.
Photo credit: Ricki Heller