Brown Rice and Lentil Salad
I used to dislike eating rice and avoided it for many years. But I have recently started eating it (for nutritional reasons after reading The Kind Diet) and I actually kind of like it (a lot!). So much so that it is my new favorite breakfast food! This meal is really tasty and wholesome and I find it keeps me full all the way up until lunch. I prepare a large pot of brown rice (organic) and keep it in the fridge, it lasts me a few days and it makes cooking this meal in the morning really easy.
Ingredients (for one):
- a small onion chopped finely
- a small cup of green organic lentils (prepared by soaking overnight and then quickly boiling at a low heat for 3-4 minutes)
- a cup and a half of brown rice
- some olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- some raddishes quartered
- some cucumber cut up quite small
- chopped corriander to garnish
- some chopped spring onion
- half an avocado
Fry the onion in a little olive oil, in a pan on a low heat until the onions are soft. Add the lentils and allow them to soften a little. Then add in your rice and the soy sauce, mix everything together well and pour into a bowl. Add the cucumber, raddishes, spring onion, corriander and avocado. Enjoy.
Photo credit: Andrea