Papaya Rings topped with Guacamole & Mango Salsa
Ingredients: (serves 2)
-1 large Papaya, ripe but firm
-Alex's Mango Salsa: (omitting Cucumber, adding 1/2 tsp. minced Garlic)
- 1 Mango, peeled & de-seeded and diced in to very small cubes
- 1 small [Japanese] Cucumber, chopped finely
- ½ a firm Tomato [or around ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes]
- ¼ Red Onion, finely minced
- 1 handful finely chopped Coriander
- Juice of ½ to 1 Lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 small chili, seeds removed and finely minced
- 2 ripe Avocados, peeled & seeded
- 2 Tblsp. chopped Red Onion
- sqeeze of fresh Lime juice
- 1 small Garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh Red or Green Chile, minced (optional, depending on how spicy you want it)
- dash of Chile powder or Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- for garnish: Spring Onion (optional)
- Peel Papaya and cut off top and tail. Cut into thick, even sized rings and carefully scoop out seeds from the centre of the rings. Place on plate.
- Mix ingredients for Salsa in a bowl and set aside.
- For the Guacamole, place all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well, mashing the Avocado until a few chunks remain. Taste, and adjust seasonings.
- Scoop a large spoonful of Guacamole onto each Papaya ring, followed by a spoonful of Salsa. Decorate with Spring Onion if desired.
-Eat with a knife & fork, and enjoy!
Don't use Papaya that is too ripe, as it won't keep its shape!
View and submit recipes at the No Meat Zone.
Photo credit: Rebecca