Raw Zucchini Noodles with Basil Pesto and Tomatoes
Julienning the Zucchini into long, thin strips creates mock noodles with just the right texture, and they’re packed with fibre & water unlike heavy, starchy pasta. But it’s the zesty Basil Pesto and juicy Cherry Tomatoes that make this dish so heavenly – nothing can beat homemade Pesto!
Ingredients: (2 servings)
- 2 medium sized Zucchini
- handful of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tblsp. Sundried Tomatoes, chopped
- Gomasio to sprinkle on top (or finely chopped Almonds/Sunflower Seeds)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh Basil leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tblsp. Pine Nuts
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tblsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tblsp. freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2-3 Garlic cloves (I used 3…)
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- After washing the Zucchini, cut the tops & tails off and, using a Mandoline, julienne into long, thin strips (make sure they are not too thick). Place in a large bowl, along with the Cherry Tomatoes and Sundried Tomatoes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Pesto in a food processor or high-speed blender, and blend until mostly smooth.
- Mix Pesto with Zucchini Noodles (you may only need half the batch), and top with Gomasio.
Receive our weekly newsletter to get a sneak peek at upcoming articles, special giveaways, and behind-the-scenes information. We do not sell, spam, or share your email address. Click here to sign up.
Photo credit: Rebecca