Butternut Squash Soup
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 can of new potatoes
- 1 medium butternut squash - peeled, seeded, cubed
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a large pot, add everything. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
2. Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Return to pot and mix in any remaining stock to attain desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
Receive our weekly newsletter to get a sneak peek at upcoming articles, special giveaways, and behind-the-scenes information. We do not sell, spam, or share your email address. Click here to sign up.
Photo credit: Daelyn